Prevention, Education and Awareness of Addiction.
Child Development and Behaviour Management.
Segment 1 (Duration 2 hours) :
- 1. The Disease of Addiction - who is or can become an addict/alcoholic? How and why.
- 2. The prevalence of the problem in schools and colleges and it's gravity
- 3. What are the physical and mental symptoms for the parent/teacher to observe.
- 4. What is the impact on family, studies, health, relationships and future careers.
- 5. What are the solutions - counselling, detoxification, and rehabilitation.
- 6. Some examples via life stories of student addicts / alcoholics in recovery
Segment 2 (Duration 2 hours) :
- 1. Someone you love is an addict, What you can do about it.
- 2. Eliminating denial of the problem and a discussion of the consequences for all concerned.
- 3. Ways of empowering the student/parent/counsellor to discretely but firmly address the problem with the book as a guidepost.
- 4. Seeking counselling before it's too late.
- 5. What are the benefits for the school/college in adopting this initiative.
There will be compelling audio visuals to support the detailed content, with Q and A for both segments, taking the total time to 6 hours with a one hour lunch break.
The seminar is for parents, teachers, principals, school counselors and administrators.